Research in our group has been primarily focused on developing new instrumentation and techniques to extend the working range of mass spectrometry. Our aim is to achieve high resolution in the ultra high mass range. We are one of the leaders in the development of digital ion traps and ion guides.
Our research group currently has a number of cutting edge projects in the works
- Development of new methods of ion isolation using digital ion traps
- Fast ultra-trace detection of fission product relative isotopic abundances
- Development of low cost high voltage pulser systems
- Measurement of small-molecule protein interactions
- Increasing the working range of mass spectrometers out to 106 and beyond